- Sneaky Street View: France is fining Google €100,000 ($141,670 USD) for gathering and using data from private Wi-Fi networks while collecting imagery for Google Street View. NYT
- Do Not Track Update: Yes, there has been a lot of talk lately about data privacy surrounding proposed “do-not-track” laws and the Obama Administration’s backing of a data privacy bill of rights; however, Michael Fertik thinks that we’ve all been focusing the data privacy discussion on the wrong thing, the symptoms, instead of the real causes of our faulty online privacy. HuffPo
- Safety Tips: PCWorld offers some tips for browsing the web safely. PCWorld
- Creative Data Mining: Netflix consulted Big Data before jumping on board with producing the House of Cards web series and plans on continuing to examine subscriber viewing data to help effectively market the show to new viewers. GigaOm
- Mobile Data: According to a new PwC report, mobile internet usage now accounts for 25 percent of data revenues, which is a bug jump from 2009’s 1 percent. This rise means that carriers will have to figure out how best to monetize the additional data usage and how to finance the network improvements that will be necessary to keep up with data demands. PR Newswire
The Washington Post invests in climate coverage as its team expands to over 30 journalists
The Post's climate team continues to expand as the publisher makes big bets on the beat drawing younger audiences.
Inside one media company’s strategy to monetize the Fifa World Cup
Soccer media business Footballco has spent most of 2022 trying to make hay while the sun is shining.
Publishers continue to evaluate cost-cutting in Q4, with economic and budgetary pressures mounting
The wave of cost-cutting measures in Q3 is still flowing into Q4, with publishers under pressure to keep expenses down at a time of continuing economic uncertainty and budget planning.
SponsoredHow brands are measuring incremental performance on CTV
Connected TV is unique among other advertising channels because it combines linear television’s storytelling capabilities with digital marketing’s targeting and measurement. As more marketers leverage CTV advertisements to reach relevant and engaged audiences, they also want to understand the real value they are generating with their investment. Incrementality reporting and measurement allow advertisers to measure […]
Member ExclusiveMedia Briefing: Publishers’ Q3 earnings reports show promise, but not without sacrifice
Publishers' third quarter earning reports are in.
A new entrant in the data-driven linear TV measurement space aims to fill a gap left by Microsoft’s Xandr
As Xandr shuts down its Clypd platform, datafuelX's M3 SaaS product aims to solve some of the multi-currency, multi-platform problems with investing in convergent TV today.