Cannes Lions is back, with thousands of media and marketing execs descending on the French Riviera for a week of schmoozing, panels and rosé. Cannes is a complicated melting pot for the industry and as such, can be hard to navigate — from figuring out where to go to get a decent bite to eat that won’t take six hours, to knowing how to sound smart enough in case you encounter a group of creatives at the Gutter Bar in the wee hours.
To help, we’re bringing back our Cannes survival guide. It includes:
- An awards cheatsheet for the campaigns you need to know — including soundbites so you sound just smart enough
- A map to the hidden spots at Cannes, from where to get a quiet cup of coffee to where to go for a French-style bagel
- The definitive guide that what’s in and out at Cannes this year
- A very judgmental map of Cannes, drawing together decades of cumulative experience with the festival
- An oral history of the Carlton Terrace and how it became nerve center for deal making at Cannes