- SEM Ascendant: Search engine marketers, with their results-oriented mindset and their understanding of data, are poised to take over advertising. AdAge
- Caveat Networker: When it comes to data privacy and Facebook, users need to take more responsibility for their own data instead of “shooting the messenger.” The Register
- Data Runs on Money: Big data can help businesses run more efficiently, but the issue is getting enough investments to develop the necessary technology to harness this data. GigaOm
- Petabytes Are Tiny: According to a report from the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST), we are entering the Zettabyte Age and every Federal agency needs a big data strategy. PR Newswire
- Segmentation 2.0: In our Information Age, traditional segmentation practices are becoming obsolete; however, it is the technology and the constant flow of information that characterize the Information Age that also make new segmentation practices necessary and possible. HBR
More in Media
Adalytics Research asks, ‘Are YouTube advertisers inadvertently harvesting data from millions of children?’
Publishers’ Q2 earnings reveal digital advertising is still in a tight spot, but digital subscriptions are picking up steam.
Experts reflect how the failures of social media and online advertising can help the industry improve the next era of innovation.
Ad position: web_bfu