- Angel investor and co-founder of LinkedIn Reid Hoffman sees data as the key to the future. He says that entrepreneurs and technologists who seek innovation need to understand the nuances of data in the information age. Fast Company
- If Google needs data, it throws a party. Seventy Kenyan women went to a Google-sponsored ladies mapping party at Nairobi’s iHub in February to help fill in missing local information like schools, markets, and roads. RWW
- Social media analytics: study shows that Facebook likes are more profitable than Tweets. Mashable
- You put it out there, they monitor and sell it. Who owns social media data, you or Big Data services companies? PC World
- The EU Commission is proposing more extensive amendments to data privacy laws including ‘the right to be forgotten’, which would allow users of services like Facebook to have their personal data completely erased. ITProPortal
The Washington Post invests in climate coverage as its team expands to over 30 journalists
The Post's climate team continues to expand as the publisher makes big bets on the beat drawing younger audiences.
Inside one media company’s strategy to monetize the Fifa World Cup
Soccer media business Footballco has spent most of 2022 trying to make hay while the sun is shining.
Publishers continue to evaluate cost-cutting in Q4, with economic and budgetary pressures mounting
The wave of cost-cutting measures in Q3 is still flowing into Q4, with publishers under pressure to keep expenses down at a time of continuing economic uncertainty and budget planning.
SponsoredHow brands are measuring incremental performance on CTV
Connected TV is unique among other advertising channels because it combines linear television’s storytelling capabilities with digital marketing’s targeting and measurement. As more marketers leverage CTV advertisements to reach relevant and engaged audiences, they also want to understand the real value they are generating with their investment. Incrementality reporting and measurement allow advertisers to measure […]
Member ExclusiveMedia Briefing: Publishers’ Q3 earnings reports show promise, but not without sacrifice
Publishers' third quarter earning reports are in.
A new entrant in the data-driven linear TV measurement space aims to fill a gap left by Microsoft’s Xandr
As Xandr shuts down its Clypd platform, datafuelX's M3 SaaS product aims to solve some of the multi-currency, multi-platform problems with investing in convergent TV today.