- Angel investor and co-founder of LinkedIn Reid Hoffman sees data as the key to the future. He says that entrepreneurs and technologists who seek innovation need to understand the nuances of data in the information age. Fast Company
- If Google needs data, it throws a party. Seventy Kenyan women went to a Google-sponsored ladies mapping party at Nairobi’s iHub in February to help fill in missing local information like schools, markets, and roads. RWW
- Social media analytics: study shows that Facebook likes are more profitable than Tweets. Mashable
- You put it out there, they monitor and sell it. Who owns social media data, you or Big Data services companies? PC World
- The EU Commission is proposing more extensive amendments to data privacy laws including ‘the right to be forgotten’, which would allow users of services like Facebook to have their personal data completely erased. ITProPortal
More in Media
Adalytics Research asks, ‘Are YouTube advertisers inadvertently harvesting data from millions of children?’
Publishers’ Q2 earnings reveal digital advertising is still in a tight spot, but digital subscriptions are picking up steam.
Experts reflect how the failures of social media and online advertising can help the industry improve the next era of innovation.
Ad position: web_bfu