The Digiday Agency Summit in New Orleans is fast approaching. From March 1-3, top executives from over two dozen agencies like Mindshare, Universal McCann and Havas will convene to discuss the future of the agency business. Here are the main topics on the agenda:
1) Agency culture is in crisis. Case in point: our top story of 2014. Agency staffers are overworked, underpaid, and undervalued, and as a result, leave the agency world quickly. But paying for happy hours isn’t the solution to such a deep-rooted problem. Jon Jackson, a speaker at October’s Agency Summit in Nashville and executive creative director at digital agency Huge, puts it this way: “A beer fridge is nice. But the opportunity to do multi-category leading work is always better.” At the Agency Summit, we’re devoting the first day to tackling these issues, with input from talent officers from FCB and Havas WorldWide.
2) In a world of constant deadlines, technological lags, and operational challenges, how can you slow down and really think about the future? On March 3, Sophie Kleber, executive director of product and innovation at Huge, will lead a Hot Topic session covering five things agencies should know about innovation.
3) Major holding companies are throwing millions of dollars at financing startup ventures, but whether these investments will have a significant impact on their digital prowess is anyone’s guess. So how should an agency prioritize? Rohit Thawani, director of social & digital at TBWA\LA, will lead a session on the bewildering array of platforms and networks to choose from and help you separate the wheat from the chaff.
4) Clients trust agencies less than ever, but they need agencies more than ever. These relationships need nurturing and support over a long period of time. In New Orleans, you’ll hear from small agencies like Baldwin& and PMG for whom relationships are their lifeblood.
5) Hundreds of attendees from agencies large and small agree: The Agency Summit is more than worth your time. Engel Baldwin, account director of client services for Jellyfish US, said, “Digiday provides a fun and very engaging environment to better understand how agencies are approaching the same challenges that we all face. The content is shared in a quick and digestible format that keeps things moving and leaves you feeling like you heard a great deal very efficiently.” Get away from the office for three days to share best practices and learn from vendors who can help you achieve your management goals.
Commerce Layer, Frequence and Khoros are among the 2022 Digiday Technology Awards winners
The 2022 Digiday Technology Awards winners demonstrated how companies are diving head-first into new technologies and adapting to meet the needs of the digital media industry. This year, e-commerce, sustainability and influencer marketing emerged as themes most often seen among the entrants and subsequent winners. For example, Commerce Layer is among the judges’ picks, winning […]
Warner Bros. Discovery, Cancer Research UK, Marriott Bonvoy and Bidstack are Digiday Marketing and Advertising Awards Europe finalists
European marketers turned to data-based content strategies across a wide range of channels to help drive engagement for brands. For many companies in this year’s Digiday Marketing and Advertising Awards Europe shortlist, attracting Gen Z consumers and highlighting their meaningful practices are also top priorities. Warner Bros. Discovery received a nomination for Best Use of […]
Teads, Edelman, VICE Media Group and Imagination are among this year’s Digiday Awards finalists
Innovation and inclusivity emerged as significant themes in this year’s Digiday Awards shortlist. With a cookieless environment on the horizon, companies are experimenting with new ways to interact with their customers as well as serve communities often left behind. Teads received a nomination for Most Innovative Technology Platform. The company enables brands to connect directly […]
SponsoredHow brands are measuring incremental performance on CTV
Connected TV is unique among other advertising channels because it combines linear television’s storytelling capabilities with digital marketing’s targeting and measurement. As more marketers leverage CTV advertisements to reach relevant and engaged audiences, they also want to understand the real value they are generating with their investment. Incrementality reporting and measurement allow advertisers to measure […]
Shopify, Frequence, Piano and Slate are among this year’s Digiday Technology Awards finalists
E-commerce, sustainability and influencer marketing emerged as focus points in this year’s Digiday Technology Awards shortlist. As a cookie-less environment approaches, the submissions made it clear that companies are leaning into — and driving for even more creativity with — programmatic and monetization platforms. Shopify earned a nomination for Best E-Commerce Technology. Brands and creators […]
VGTV, PinkNews and Anzu.io are finalists for this year’s Digiday Media Awards Europe
This year's Digiday Media Awards Europe finalists proved that video continues to be a powerful medium for brands to use. Throughout the entries, it was also evident that ad-tech platforms are making a splash and that digital product innovation is growing.